Sunday, March 13, 2022

Portfolio Project Week #5, Post #3

 Filming

The day to film has finally come. I filmed with Josh and Bennett on Saturday and Riley on Sunday. Josh and Bennett's filming took a lot longer than Riley's.

Day one

Josh, Bennett, and I decided to meet on Saturday at 4PM. Bennett winded up getting there around 3:30 after his baseball game so he took the extra time to get ready and shower. We went to pick up Josh and we got back around 4:30.

The the filming began. I decided to use my dining room to film. I turned off all the lights and closed to blinds so the room was dark. I used a table lamp as the main light source which actually created good lighting for what I was going for.

We started with the opening clips of the detective sitting down and interrogating the suspect. Now, since we did not have a tripod (Josh failed to mention he had a gimbal that would have been useful), I had to set up my phone on a chair:


I had to move the chair each time we changed the angel, which was a pain, but we got it done.


A big issue was trying to get the timing for the detective's phone to ring correct. This one shot took multiple takes, not only because the ring kept going off at the wrong time, but I had to hold and move the camera so we could get a zoom on the phone to see who was calling.

We then filmed the part where the detective watched the security footage. The only issue is I didn't have the security footage filmed so all I could get was the reaction of the detective. Hopefully, I'll be able to work around this without having to reshoot.

Lastly, we decided to have the opening end with the detective discovering a note left behind from the suspect that says "GONE!" The three of us came up with this idea together and I like it a lot.


In total, it took about two hours to film all the clips.

Day two

Day two was a much easier day. Riley was filming her project with Josh at the same park where I wanted to film Riley's part. So after her and Josh finished up, I went to the park and me and Riley filmed.

I only need two clips from Riley. They were the same thing, her jogging around the track, just one was more zoomed in. So, I only spent about 15 minutes on this part


Overall, I filming went a lot better than expected and I'm eager to begin editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR

 Here is my Creative Critical Reflection: CCR I had some issues getting my raw footage onto my computer, but after finally figuring it out, ...