Monday, February 28, 2022

Portfolio Project Week #4, Post #1

 Script

I worked and finished a script today. To be honest, it kind of felt like a waste of time. My opening does not have that much dialogue, with the majority being between the detective and suspect. Also, I knew what I what I wanted the characters to say and it sort of felt pointless to type it up all fancy when I could've just written down the lines quickly. I suppose this could be beneficial to the actors as they would not know their lines or exactly what is happening within the opening. Here was a part of the script looks like:



Like I mentioned in the last post I used this website to model my script after. Its not exact or nearly as professional but my script will get the job done. 

Figuring out some small, but important details

Also, I've realized I have not actually thought up of names for the characters. I think I want them to have fairly basic names like "Ryan" or "Josh". Josh would work well as one of the actors I have in mind is my friend, Josh. The suspect doesn't need a name, at least not during the opening of the film, as he disappears at the end of the opening and is not named before hand.

I also thought about what I wanted to call the film today. Other murder/mystery movies tend to have either "murder" in the title or something about the crime. Such as "Murder on the Orient Express", which is very fittingly named as it is about a murder on a train called "Orient Express." I think that since my movie is about a murder (the one the suspect is being interviewed about) and then a missing person (the suspect disappearing) I want to title it "Gone." Representing the life of the person who was murdered and then obviously the disappearance of the suspect. I think keeping it short and simple is a good idea as it also adds more mystery to all the things the movie could possibly be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The CCR

 Here is my Creative Critical Reflection: CCR I had some issues getting my raw footage onto my computer, but after finally figuring it out, ...